Community Housing

Community Housing is a subsidized rental program. It provides housing to families and individuals who have a low or modest income. Program funding comes from the federal, provincial, and municipal governments.

How can this program help me?

In this program, tenants pay rent based on a percentage of their income.

Starting November 2011, Community Housing Tenants will also be eligible to participate in our Housing Works program. This program is designed to help participants to set goals, overcome barriers to employment and plan for the future.

Am I eligible for this program?

To qualify, applicants must be Canadian Citizens, independent landed immigrants, or government sponsored landed immigrants. Assets and belongings cannot exceed $25,000.

Applicants must provide verification of current household income.  A security deposit is required and rent is based on the household's income; applicants are assessed by priority for this program.

If you are unsure about whether or not this program is right for you, please use our Program Recommender to help guide your decision.

What else should I know?

The complexes have apartments and townhouses that are suitable for families with children. The one bedroom apartments and townhouses are for seniors or other single individuals or couples without children. Some housing units are wheelchair accessible.

Crime Free Multi-Housing Program

Properties in the Community Housing Program are certified under the Crime Free Multi-Housing Program.


Tenants living in Community Housing may be allowed one pet, such as a small dog or cat. Tenants must complete a pet application and agree to follow the rules set by CRH.

Service dogs are not considered to be pets. However, the pet application information and a pet addendum are still required. Tenants are requested to submit proof of service dog certification for their dog with the application.

How To Apply

People interested in the Community Housing Program may complete the necessary application forms and submit them to CRH.

Related Information

Download the Community Housing brochure.

We do not offer emergency housing.

For more immediate assistance, contact an Alberta Human Services Office closest to you for information about the Emergency Needs Allowance or see the fact sheet on their website. For after hours emergency shelter, call 780-644-5135 in Edmonton or 1-866-644-5135 toll-free across Alberta.


Contact Us

Office Address:
Capital Region Housing Corporation
10232 - 112 Street NW
Edmonton, Alberta T5K 1M4

Office Hours:
8:30 am to 4:00 pm, Monday to Friday
(closed statutory holidays)

Telephone: 780-420-6161

Information Line: 780-428-8200
(24 hour recording with general information about who qualifies and how to apply)

Fax: 780-426-6854


For MAINTENANCE EMERGENCIES after hours and on weekends, tenants call 780-420-6161 for assistance.


Copyright © 2018 Capital Region Housing Corporation 10232 - 112 Street NW Edmonton, Alberta, Canada T5K 1M4 Phone:780-420-6161 Fax:780-426-6854